At Vivobarefoot we’re on a journey to make the most regenerative footwear possible. Reconditioning our returned footwear
to avoid adding to the mountain of landfill being generated by the shoe industry each year is an important part of that journey.
Our shoes are revived and reconditioned by highly skilled craftspeople using the most sustainable products
available to extend their life as long as possible.
HOW WE REVIVE OUR PRODUCTS
Returned Vivo's are fully checked over for faults and then graded. Each pair is given a deep steam
clean and sanitised inside and out with Micro-Fresh, killing all known viruses and bacteria, before our
skilled team begins the process of reconditioning.
- Burst seams are re-stitched and over-locked to create a strong repair.
- Torn or weak areas are patched.
- Un-stuck seals and soles are re-bonded.
- Broken eyelets and lace hooks are carefully replaced.
- Damaged laces and insoles are replaced with new. The old insoles are recycled and used to repair the outsoles of other shoes.
- Thin or damaged soles are skilfully replaced. The old sole units are recycled and used as equestrian area bases.
In perfect "new" condition, these styles are not refurbished and are from previous collections, no longer available to purchase on our vivobarefoot site.
Our finest reconditioned footwear is ‘like new’, showing very few signs of wear and will be ready for a new pair of feet.
These will be in great condition, but will show some minor signs of wear and tear. Any repairs will be minor, and each pair will be beautifully reconditioned back to life.
These will be in good condition, but will proudly show their repairs and their new replacement soles as they are lovingly reconditioned to meet the demands of another pair of feet.
our repairs service
UK customers can now repair their favourite Vivos to stay wild and barefoot that much longer.
(Sorry, global Barefooters, we’re working hard on finding viable partners to take this service around the world.)
Our Repairs Service is another positive step, as we live and learn on our journey towards ultimate circularity.
FIND OUT MORE